November 16, 2017

Clothes

This week, I've been looking through my clothes. Now, I didn't plan to do this; I was looking for a jumper to put on - as it became really cold one day - and pulled out three jackets which didn't fit me, and tossed them onto the floor to donate.

You see, I did buy them to wear - but I just simply didn't wear them at all. 

With one of them, I can get into it, but I can't get out of it - and that's not a good thing when you need your clothes to be nice, and yet easy to wear.

So, I looked through my clothes and found there was a fair bit of clothing I just simply didn't wear or fit into anymore. I've put it off to one side and have popped it all into a bag to donate at my local Vinnies or op-shop. 

You have to remember that with your clothes, you are wearing it, not somebody else. What you wear has to make you feel good about yourself; so when you go out op-shopping and you want to find a particular look for yourself, it's best to go on what makes you feel great - and not what other people say about you. If you feel great in something, but somebody says: 'Oh, yuck, don't like that.' that's their taste, not yours. It could also mean that they're trying to get that piece of clothing from you for themselves as well - I've seen that happen.

Okay, this weekend's challenge is your music collection - if you have cds, vinyls/records. Now, it's great to have this kind of collection in our houses, but it's also good to have under control as well. Sort out what you want to keep and what you don't; what you've been playing for the past few years and what you're not playing anymore. Now, remember that music is very much like fashion - it flips and flops in and out of the public eye so quickly that unless you're a diehard fan of a band, it's best to make sure you're doing the right thing. Don't go toss out all your vinyls of Pink Floyd because you think it's best to get it all on cd; then regret it later on. I've seen this happen to a guy who traded in his vinyls of John Lee Hooker and when I bought all 4 of his double-vinyls, he came back 2 days later and wanted them back; and couldn't get them back. I heard he burst into tears in the record store in front of the owner. Now, being into your music and a collector of music are two different things... be careful what you do with your music. Now, the next thing you do, is go out to your local newsagency and buy an index book - a large one - and index your music collection so you know what you've got. This will be a great thing for you to keep track of not only for when you move, but also for insurance purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment