November 08, 2017

Re-Organising

A lot of decluttering is reorganising the house. Once you've pulled everything down, given it a good dust and polish, then you have a really good look at what you've got, and realise maybe you don't need some of what you want to put back.

This is the good part of decluttering.

Knowing what you don't need. 

Right now, out on the clothes line are some clothes I've washed and are going to donated to a charity. Yes, I wash the clothes before I donate them, so when the time comes, I tell them that they've been washed only days before; it tells them that I care enough to do that for them.

But they go and send them off to be rewashed anyway.

But I've found that I have a very organised kitchen now. This is because I've spent over three years on decluttering and reorganising it to the point that there's only things in it that I need and will use from day to day - week to week - and it all has a place to be at the end of the day.

My next place in the house is the bedroom. I know that sounds like I'm taking a step back - but you have to remember, I did say I'd go over another place if needs be again; and so I am.

The bedroom does seem to be ignored after it's cleaned out, though - so do other rooms - and so coming back to it keeps it from recluttering into its former cluttered self again.

So, I cleaned up my jewellery section, found all my money boxes and collected them all into one spot where they could all be placed - under the wash table where there's a little piece of timber - and now, there's space around the house where they've been spread out where I can clean up and tidy. I have more space on my duchess (where 3 money boxes had been sitting) and now the jewellery boxes can be seen better. 

To say I'm pleased is an understatement.

The money boxes are in a safe place, I can get in and fill them all up with change and then take that change to the banks in my own time. And now, the bedroom is looking a bit better - but I still have a long way to go with it. 

Now, it's Wednesday, and I missed out on last week's challenge. So, I'll set you all two challenges this time:  Go to your bathroom and look inside your linen closet (if it's not in your bathroom, that's okay... mine is, so that's why I've said this). What you do is go through all your towels and find the ones which aren't matching and good-looking and separate them from the nice, fluffy ones which you're using all time. Grab a large bag and put the old ones inside them and take them to your nearest animal shelter for them to use. This can go for your old sheets too! Any old sheets which are worn through and you no longer us - send them away to the animal shelter near you.

Challenge #2: Everyone who have children... this one is for you and your kids. As children grow, they grow out of toys they no longer wish to play with. Now, go and find a large box and get your kids to put into the box what they no longer want or need. Get your children to help you wash up the toys and take them to the charity of your choice, so they know you're not just throwing them out. Or... if you wish, take the toys to a children's hospital and donate them there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment