April 07, 2019

A Rough Week

I'm sorry I haven't been in here. I haven't been well this past week; and I've been busy with family things. Mum hasn't been well and I'm off to help her with her ironing today. 

So, apologies all around for not being in here to keep you guys active with your decluttering. 

I have been decluttering, but not in the house. 

It's Autumn/Fall here in Australia, and this is the time I attack the garden, and I plan what to do with my plants. You see, all my plants go to 'sleep' and it's easier to work with them without making them go into shock too much during the cooler seasons. So, around March/April, I organise myself to buy some potting mix and start moving plants around the garden. 

Right now, I'm looking at buying two larger pots for two plants I'm going to repot and relocate in my garden. The other pots they've come from are going to be reused for other plants. 

I have clipped back some of my plants from their Summer growth and am going to use the clippings to make new plants - yep, I grow succulents - and then I'm going to get rid of large white bucket in my garden which has become a haven for mosquitoes. 

There's other things I'm hoping to save for, like new seats around the garden - the ones I have are rotting, and I need new ones to make the place look and feel better. This will take time, and I'm hoping to get in and make sure I pick out the right seats. I'm hoping to get two large metal seats and replace three wooden seats. I'll ask Dad to rust-proof the metal seats for me if he can, to make them last longer. 

Yep, this is my decluttering idea for my garden this year. So, what have you got in mind for your garden this year? I know this is a different way of looking at decluttering, but really, I think if it's a part of your home, the garden should be decluttered as much as your house. Even if you're not much of a gardener, your outdoor area should be tidy and make you feel good about yourself. 
And if you feel it's too much, which part are you going to start on first? The weeds? The old, broken, useless pots? Sweeping up? Drop a comment and let us know.

No comments:

Post a Comment