October 08, 2020

Woah! It's October!

 Well, hasn't time flown?


Maybe it hasn't for some of you, but it has for me. It's been a busy time while we were in shut down and I chose to keep myself to myself. 


Over the past months, I've cleaned out my wardrobe - twice - and packed up boxes for donation days when my local op-shops were to reopen. I had to stack the boxes against my front door in anticipation; as I don't have a proper storage area for them.


My garden hasn't looked better! I just kept going out to Bunnings and buying plants, pots, a garden arch, more plants, and when the government gave me two lots of $750 I bought myself a new tablet and then bought a lot of gardening things. Great stuff for me, right? It's just something I'm enjoying right now - gardening that is.


And now I'm back into cleaning out the house.


First the kitchen got a clean up and clean out. I reorganised my appliances and sorted out my gardening books and cleaning items (as that's what I hoarded; not toilet paper). I also pulled apart my old 1990's entertainment unit my late-Uncle Allan gave me, sorting out what I wanted in it and what I didn't want. I asked my Mum and Dad if it was okay to get rid of it, as I thought it was time to let it move on. Yes, I became emotional and teary, but that's how it goes. I was so appreciative of what he did for me with that item; and that I was the first person he thought of when he wanted to give it away. 

So, I moved all my vinyl out of the credenza and into boxes. I sorted out everything from the credenza and made arangements to get the big, bulky unit out of my house, move the credenza across to the area where the old unit to used to be, and make space for a chaise lounge of my Great-Grandmother's which I'd be getting from my brother's house. They didn't have the room for it anymore... but I now do.

And it looks great!


In the next week, I'm looking forward to getting a back awning for my townhouse. It's going to look fantastic. I'm hoping it'll be the best thing around as it's metal, green and it'll keep out the weather and I'll be able to go out the back and enjoy the shade in Summer, the rain as well, and keep the rain out of my house when it does storm, but still let in the breeze. 

Right now, though, as time is available to me, I'm cleaning out the home office. I'm dedicating half and hour a day to it, and so far, I've accomplished so much! I've been searching for the perfect desk for my office to replace the big, space-sucking corner one... by the beginning of next year, I won't know myself. How cool will this be that by the time I do move house I'll have just enough of everything I need in my house, and no junk. 


So, how are you doing right now? I hope you're keeping well. I haven't been in here because I haven't worked on too much - not until the last few weeks. But do keep us all updated on your cleaning out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment