December 01, 2017

Christmas Shopping Time

I know, I know it's going to be a tough one for us this year - us people who find it hard to declutter with weeks to Christmas and yet will be accepting presents towards the end of the month.

Now, don't worry, you'll be fine.

You'll be better than fine.

Like in my last post, this is the best time of year to get in and work on your decluttering and make room for yourself and your new things you're going to be getting from your friends and relatives.

This is also the best time of year to get in and look around your local op-shops and thrift stores for presents for your loved ones.

Yep, you heard me. 

Why spent up big at the huge retail shops when you can spend only a quarter of the money at a charity and help the less fortunate at the same time?

I've got a box of goodies to take to my local Vinnies and will be going there in the next week or so to search out the last few presents for my family with a friend from the USA... who is also in love with op-shopping too.

In the meantime, I'm making other presents from scratch... for example, I'm doing a painting for my folks, making Limoncello for my Aunty and knitting a t-towel for my Sister-in-Law... all hand-made stuff and it'll all be ready for Christmas by the time the big day comes around. 

And I can't wait!

Not only will I have not bought so many new things this year, but I'm also trying to clean out as much of my place as possible. 

Weekend Challenge: it's time to put up the tree and decorations - December 1st - and so, what needs to be done is to put away things that you're going to store for the next few weeks. 
What's a good idea is to buy a few plastic boxes for your Christmas decorations. Not only will they be protected throughout the year, but when you move house, nothing will get broken.  Also, you can sort out what decorations you want to keep and which ones you want to give away to charity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment