October 16, 2018

Rain And Organising

It's been raining for the past week, and I've been organising myself to next month's National Novel Writing Month - which really takes up a huge chunk of my time. I mean, 50,000 words in a month? That's a lot of typing every day! 

So, I've been cooking a large amount of food and putting some into smaller containers and freezing them. And then, organising my frozen foods - like fish, frozen breads and other things I can just pull together for dinner. I'm making sure I have enough snacks to eat in the pantry too. It's going to all organised so that when I finish writing for the day, I can get in and just throw together a meal easy-peasy lemon squeezy! 

But when the rain has paused in the past few days, I've been outside mowing the lawn - as it grew 10cm! - and then pulling out weeds and checking on the greenhouse and harvesting my first crop of Black Cherry Tomatoes! And then I'm back inside just as it starts to rain again.
However, I've been outside more and more lately to check on what plants have fallen over and which ones I no longer need. There's still one more I have to yank out of a pot and toss out.

Well, I've also been keeping on top of my laundry and anything else which needs cleaning too. The shelving I installed has been an absolute god-send as I have used it to store so many things; and I've found it's going to nice to decorate over Christmas too. I'll be able to install lights over them at that time of year too.

Anyway, I'm hoping to work on cleaning up the home office this weekend. I started last weekend, but things got in the way - like a few bills, some house hold chores and vacuuming and other normal things - and this time I'll be able to put away what I need to, to get ready for next month's writing days. I need the home office tidier and better to make it a place I can spend a lot of time in without feeling as though the place is cluttered. 

So, what main room have you been attacking lately? For me, it's just about everything in the house, but the home office really needs a good tidy-up. How about you? How's your journey going?

No comments:

Post a Comment