May 15, 2019

Donation Day!

On Monday, I emptied the Donation Box! Yay! First I went around to Mum and Dad's and grabbed whatever Mum wanted to get rid of and took their stuff off them and took everything to Vinnies at Underwood and donated big-time!

They were so pleased to see so much good stuff come through the doors. I took along 2 irons - which worked - and a couple of lovely prints, and also some pretty things I no longer fitted into... I know that sounds awful, but I don't see the point in keeping clothes which I don't fit into anymore. 
And Mum agreed with me. She was so pleased to see I tried on something in my wardrobe and just tossed it straight into the Donation Pile. I think it's the gym work which is making me fit into clothes differently too.

Also, since I got the new vacuum cleaner, I've been cleaning out so much more from my house so much faster than I used to - this is good! I even gave away a couple of handbags I no longer use.

Now, my little secret for donations is: if it hasn't been used in over a year, it goes into the Donation Box and it's donated. If it doesn't fit me anymore, it goes there too. 

Do you have any secrets to decluttering your house? If you do, please do share them. 

I'm always looking at Peter Walsh's Facebook page for tips and tricks to keep my house looking nice - you know the 10 minute clean-ups and the quick tidy-ups before bed and morning rituals before leaving the house kinda thing. Well, until my next post, I hope you're keeping your house nice and your decluttering is going well. Mine is going better than ever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment