June 07, 2019

Little Things

I've been out at op-shops and doing good things for myself lately. 

Over the past week, I've bought only small things for the house, and yet I've donated more than two bags of goods I no longer need to my local charity store. 

On Monday, I bought a lovely hat for next Summer, and then on Wednesday, I bought two lamp shades which I thought would go well for my bedside lamps - I wanted to change them over from the plain white ones I bought from K-Mart. 
Now, when I got them to my folks' house and proposed this to my Dad (as I'd need his help), we had a good look at the lamps and we found that everything had been super-glued to death. 

Yes, this is the ultimate example of the throw-away society we're being forced into. All I wanted to do was the little thing of changing my lamp shades to prettier ones, and yet the way they were designed (and rather cheaply too!) made it so I couldn't. 

This is disgusting to say the least. 

Anyway, Dad understood where I was coming from and Mum wanted my old shades once we figured out how to get the new ones on. Both my folks are pleased to see I am thinking outside the box with this instead of buying new lamps - and lamp shades cost me under $20 for the two, as I bought them from an op-shop. 

And my budget this week for op-shopping was around $15.00 of a book and two lamp shades. Whereas my charity giveaway this week was a magazine holder and a bag of goodies which work but I don't need anymore. 

So, how are you doing with your decluttering this week? All good? I'm going so well! Right now, I'm getting through my wardrobe - anything I can't fit into is going straight into the donation box. How good is that? 

No comments:

Post a Comment