October 21, 2019

Woohoo! The Living Room!

I wasn't bored yesterday. Nope, I just put on Season 2 of 'Supernatural' and thought, 'I might get in and clean up that crap in front of the entertainment unit.' And well, it kinda took off from there.

The next thing I knew I had a huge bag of rubbish sitting by the door waiting to be taken out and another bag of donations waiting in the Donation Box and the floor was clear in front of the entertainment unit - and the second episode on disk two was playing of my favourite show. 

Well! I kept going... seeing how far I could go before the other two shows were finished! 

This was so much fun to just let my hands do the talking and enjoy my decluttering without thinking too much about it. I even looked at all my knitting yarn and when I came across some that I hadn't used - and knew it wasn't good quality - I just threw it away! Small balls of yarn which wouldn't make a beanie? Yep, in the bin! I did this mainly because I had bought that yarn at a charity store and it was sent there because it junk in the first place.

I shredded up receipts, empty envelopes and other things I didn't need in my house and threw them out! And it felt great! 

And you know something? It wasn't just yesterday this happened - nope, it wasn't just a one-off thing! 

This morning, I pulled everything from behind my living room chair and filled another rubbish bag with crap too! Oh my gods! This feels great! I think it's because it's Spring here; and I'm hoping to get this house cleaner. 

I'm not sure - but it feels great to get this place tidy. My head and mind are just ordering me around to clean up the place before Christmas. And it all began with me polishing the kitchen table - how strange is that? How is your place going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment