May 08, 2020

Winter Jobs

Our government is easing restrictions here in Queensland - and I guess that's okay. But I'm still cautious. So, I'm still staying home from my usual places of social activity. I'm only going out when I absolutely need to, and I'm doing online shopping more than anything else. 

But I've decided to organise myself into getting my living room looked into. At the beginning of the lock down, I was planning on getting rid of the large entertainment unit, two china cabinets, two cd towers, and credenza and replacing them all with a long wall unit and a 2-seater lounge. Well... seeing a lot of places closed down and we couldn't do anything like that.

Now it's a few months later, I'm chafing at the bit to get things done. First, I booked my car in to get new speakers installed - as the original ones are still crackling. And I bought the new ones before Christmas last year (talk about being patient!). And then, last night, I started looking at websites of furniture stores which sold storage units for living rooms... yeah, I'm not going into a place just to look.

Cleaning out your place can be the small stuff, and it's also the big stuff too. This is the big stuff right now, mainly because of the Covid-19, but it's something I'm not rushing into - as I have to live with what I buy. But my things have to fit into the wall unit I buy too - and it's also has to be the right size for my house. It can't be clunky and big (otherwise it's not worth it) and it has to look stylish too. 

I have done out all my pajamas and have ordered new, lovely looking pajamas online from Target for this Winter. The other cotton ones just aren't me; and so they're off to the charity stores - when they reopen.

Man... I wonder how many donations they'll be getting when they do reopen? The mind boggles doesn't it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment