March 04, 2018

Helping Out

As much as I love to declutter my little townhouse, I also enjoy helping others to declutter as well.

Last Wednesday, I did just that with a friend of mine at Sunnybank Hills when she put out a call for help on Facebook. She had a lot of books and her family and herself were on the verge of moving; and she had to get in and downsize them - much to her sadness.

I volunteered to help her out with the decluttering of them. 

After 2 hours and a good strong cup of coffee, we made a great lot of books into two piles of what she wanted to keep and what I happily took away for her.

Now, before you tell me that I'm cluttering up my home again - I'm not. This weekend was supposed to be me decluttering my library; however, it's not to be. It's been so humid and disgusting that I have had to chill out and wait it out until the weather becomes a little cooler for me to climb ladders and work on the book collection.

This weekend, I'm looking into working on the credenza. You see, I spotted a lovely buffet at Life Line, and thought it might look nice here at home. But the more I looked at the photo I took, the more work it looked liked it would take to get it ready to be here at home with me... so I decided to good clean out of the credenza would be a better option. 

And with this heat, it is! 

So, what have you been doing this weekend to get yourself worked out for this year? I have two big decluttering projects to work on right now - the credenza and the book collection - and they'll keep me busy over the next few days. Please do leave a comment and let us all know how you're doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment