May 20, 2018

Today's Work

Since last week, I've taken a bit of a break from decluttering - it took me 3 hours to get the home office the way it looks now; and that was without a break. 

There were things which were downstairs which came upstairs and things which badly need to go inside the wardrobe as well, and also I have to clean out the 3 bags of 'junk/stuff' soon to make room here. 

And that's going to be some of the work today: to clean up the tabletops around the office, and make them clean. This may take an hour or so, but I'm making sure they will be tidy and useful by the end of the afternoon; and if I get it done in record time, I'll tackle a bag or two if I get the time. 

This room has taken a long time to get to, and it may seem that I have been lazy about it, but really it's been something which kind of scared me - that if I took it on, it would be too much once I got going on it. But it was a bit of both... it was almost too much and yes I got a little scared of it too; but when I started putting things in their right places, and they fitted perfectly, they sorted out well, I realised it was going to happen the way I imagined it was going to.

Now, the big and hard things are out of the way, it's a matter of throwing out what I no longer need, filing the bills and statements and getting in and doing the nitty-gritty stuff. 

Otherwise, how has your own decluttering journey been going? Are you achieving everything you've aimed for, or have you called in help from family and friends? 

Oh, here's some photos from last week!

Bookcase One - by the door

Bookcases Two and Three

No comments:

Post a Comment