June 19, 2018

Sunday Garden Work

It's Tuesday and I didn't get a chance to tell you all what happened on Sunday; as I'd had been out to art class where something big happened there - and because it involved a young child, I don't think it's right to mention it here. But having a First Aid Certificate really paid off - but really, nobody else had one but me.

Anyway, on Sunday, I got out bed early and into a nice hot breakfast! After reading a bit of the paper, I went outside and mowed the lawn, pulled some weeds and got the wheelie bin into the backyard. The pruning shears came out and I clipped back the Sun-loving Broms... once all the leaves were done, I tipped them on their sides and pulled them out and tossed them in the bin. However, only one fitted - as the Mum Brom didn't fit - she was too big! 

Well, another third plant was pulled out of a pot and tossed away and now I have three pots to use. One of them it empty of soil, while the others have soil still in them - useful for me to plant something else. I'll probably plant some garlic this year; which I've done before. 

Well, the bin is almost full and I'm looking forward to cleaning up the garden more next week, once the bin has been emptied tomorrow - yeah it's too full to put anything else in it now. All I can do now is plan for the next lot of gardening next week. 

That was my weekend of cleaning up, cleaning out and decluttering - in more ways than one! I moved my hot pink Geranium into a sunnier spot; and it's doing better. But the garden still needs a better clean-up than what I've done so far. 

No comments:

Post a Comment