June 09, 2018

Vinnies Drop Off

After so long, I did a Vinnies drop off. It's been around five years since I started decluttering the house of things I no longer need, and I'm so pleased to say that I'm now at the point where I'm not taking big bags of things to charities anymore.

I'm at the point of throwing out bags of things into the rubbish bin.

And you know something? I have 3 bags of rubbish downstairs and 3 bags up in the home office to go through and that's it! That's the lot of it! 

So, how did you go on last weekend's challenge? I went out to Office Works (my local office supply store) and bought myself a little bag of rubber bands (which only cost me $3.65) and pulled together my dvds into their prospective lots - the franchises and the stand-alones - and worked them out. It took me a little over an hour and a lot of working out between both cabinets, but it looks great! 

Does yours look good too? All organised and easy to get to, isn't it? Well, for me it's much easier to find what I'm looking for now.

This weekend is another challenge - yes, I know it's late, I'm sorry about that. What you need is to sort out your personal life... again if you haven't done so already. I've scored some archive boxes from Office Works in a particular colour and put all my personal and medical records inside them. Anything to do with my schooling, young life and personal things - like my Last Will and Testament - I've put into these boxes. So far, I'm up to my third box on this; and think it's a good idea. There's colourful file folders I'm using to make my Life Archive boxes as fun as possible.
I'm using other colours for other parts of my life - like my banking and my car. It's a good way to keep things on track - especially if you don't have a filing cabinet. If you've got a filing cabinet, well, you're more organised than me... but if not, this may be the way to go. Also, with cars, you're going to have a few car bits and pieces which will need a box to go into - so an archive box will be the way to go. 

So, that's the challenge this weekend - let's see how far you and I can get with it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment