August 26, 2019

So Many Old Things

Wow! Just wow! I jumped into the home office wardrobe yesterday and really did a great thing! I pulled down everything I could get my hands on and filled 4 rubbish bags with junk, unusable things, pay receipts from 1996/7 and other things which I just simply didn't need anymore and tossed them away.

There were two collapsed concertina folders which were thrown into the bin and one which was still usable and one I'm still looking at to go through.

Then, I pulled down both boxes which were being stored for my Doc Marten shoes. Yes, I have two pairs of those. One I wear all the time, and the other pair which the company gave me for taking too long to repair the original UK-made pair. Well, I polished up the new pair and made them look lovely - now I just have to break them in for next year. 

I sorted through so much yesterday that after 3 hours, I had a full wheelie bin outside, and an empty wardrobe inside my house! How cool is that? I had the space to put my archive boxes which are now storing my current records for my car, banking files and other things as well. I also put away a few other things and cleared off the Reading Chair and found another bag of crap I need to go through - which takes it to 5 bags I need to go through now; but then, really I shouldn't be counting.

I'm on week 3 of cleaning out this room for the very first time, and I'm really happy that I've filled the wheelie bin (the one the local council collects) to the brim. It really is a great feeling to get rid of all of that is not need any longer and keep only what's going to relevant in my life. 

The hunt has been going on to find a good, old-fashioned desk and a nice solid bookcase to replace the corner desk and the saggy bookcase in my office... then? Well, once the home office is all tidied up and the art gear is off the walls, I'll get in and work on getting the books out of here and see how far I can really take this whole thing before I have to ask family for help moving things. 

So, how is your projects going? All great I hope. Do leave a comment on your project. We'd love to hear how your decluttering is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment