January 05, 2020

Old-Fashioned for the Kitchen

Well, the rubbish truck came on Wednesday - which was a public holiday - and my very full bin became a very empty one; which I'm thankful for.

Anyway, I started cleaning out the dinner set in the kitchen. Yep, I've been searching for a new dinner set for the past few weeks; and last Thursday I found one!

It's lovely, Japanese and hasn't been on the market for over 30 years. The whole 5-piece setting cost me $6.00 and it's from a company - and a town - in Japan called Nikko. How cool is that? I love it!

I've already packed up the retro-ish pink one after washing it up and putting it into newspaper. And now it's ready to take to the op-shop for them to sell - or toss - whatever they want to do with it. I'm happy with the one I've got. 

However, the guy who packed the box, well, he didn't give me a secure box and all but 2 of the cups broke... everything else survive. That was a bummer, but you know, that happens at the best of times too. I'm also giving away some glasses I'm no longer using and getting in and working on looking at my wardrobe too this year.

Anyway, it's been a few days since my last post last year, and I thought to jump in and let you know I'm still at it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment