December 31, 2019

In The Zone

I'm seriously there - in the zone - and it's a great place to be!

I've already thrown out another few bags of rubbish and the bin outside is close to over-flowing with crap. And it's that bad I went to the back of the unit complex to look for an empty bin - but alas! There's none available. This is what happens when people borrow a bin and don't put it out for collection... silly them.

Well, I pushed everything down and had to 'make room' for more rubbish. But it didn't make much space.

Anyway, since Boxing Day, I have filled another 3 - 4 rubbish bags and sorted out the 2 archive boxes in the home office into something which looks like I can just open them and work through them without wondering: 'What in the hell's in these boxes?' So, that's a good thing! But today, I had to go out and get another archive box, another 3-ring binder and more manilla folders. And to make it more fun, I got them all in purple... just to keep it colourful. 

But I didn't expect every man and his dog to be at Office Works with their kid buying school supplies that their kid 'just has to have!' all because it's on that infurnal list! You know half the stuff you get on that list isn't actually used in school, but if your kid doesn't get it, well, they're the only one there who doesn't have 'the right stuff' on the first day. I remember being at school when you only had to have a few exercise books, a pencil case full of pens and pencils, a ruler and a calculator, and that was it. And my folks called that expensive. Now? Well, it's a totally different world. 

Anyway, back to what I was doing. I had to get some petrol for the car, ice creams for tonight and other things to eat this week as well, then check the mail and come home. 

Now I'm home, I'm looking forward to emptying out the last box, and making up my bed for the New Year. It's going to be a good, cool, chilled one. But I'm going to have a nice neat office, clean kitchen and plenty of painting to get done.  

So, what are you doing tonight to get through the night? After today, my office and house are going to look so much better. Until next year, I hope you've gotten so much done this year in the way of decluttering - as much as I have and more - and I hope you get more done next year. See you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment