December 15, 2019

Holidays

I've been on a week's holiday; and just returned yesterday - Saturday. It's been a good week, and I've gotten myself straight into cleaning out immediately.

Isn't it funny in a strange kinda way when you go on holidays when you come home, and you just can't stand your house? I think it's because you take only what you need with you, and when you return, you find it so much easier to throw out what you no longer want anymore.

Well, I did just that last night, mere hours after unpacking. I had filled a rubbish bag with crap and tossed it out. I have a second bag filled and it's by the door. And now, there's a box from this morning's fruit and veggie run too by that door too. I'm doing really well so far. I've also got to fill up the rubbish bag from upstairs to throw out what's in the bins upstairs - which I didn't get to fit in the bins last week.

Otherwise, while I was down the coast, I wrote out a few lists of what was needed to be done when I returned home; and now I'm back, I'm hoping to get it all done by the time I have to take off again next year. 

So, how are you doing with your decluttering? Okay... this is December's decluttering. Now, if you jump on YouTube, you'll be able to follow Peter Walsh's 30-Day Challenge and he'll help you get jump-started in your big decluttering challenge again next year. I do mine each year - and it's a great way to get into decluttering a house really well. Why not have a go at it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment