December 26, 2019

Christmas Night Declutter

Now, I know this sounds weird, but I do a Christmas Night Declutter. I live alone, and there's really not that much to do when you don't have a family around you. 

So, I find something to watch on television, grab some rubbish bags and sort through some crap which I've been putting off.  I've been doing this for the past 3 years. 

And this year, I broke my record well and truly for rubbish bags!  I filled 6 rubbish bags! OMG! How good is that! While it was pouring rain outside, and I watched 'The X-Files' and some other movie on television, I was at it. I cleaned out 3 Green Bags and filled up those rubbish bags in no time flat! I'm so happy with my progress!

And man, I found things I've been looking for! 

Anyway, there's still things I need to get done for the next week in the cleaning out stakes - before New Years Eve - to make the living room liveable and tidy on a more permanent basis. Then? Well, it's onto my bedroom and I have to make sure it's all tidy there too, because next month, I'll be in a different location for a while. 

But it's also a personal thing too. I want to have a tidy home - like everyone does - but my place isn't that big, and it's something I'd like to get right at some point in my life. So, how are you doing with your cleaning out right how? It's Boxing Day, and I'm wondering, do you get into the cleaning out now or in the New Year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment