December 17, 2019

Christmas Declutter

This year has been a rough year for me, and yesterday, I just sat down and cried. Honestly, I did. I haven't had the best year due to more friends of mine passing away, and when I arrived home, I found that my house wasn't as tidy as I wanted it to be.

So, on Saturday, as you've read, I just jumped in and began decluttering and tidying up as much as I could before the sun went down. I completely unpacked my bag, sorted out the dirty laundry and worked out what needed to be done. 

Now, I'm in such a zone about it all, I've moved some of the furniture around the office so I can get to the wardrobe in that room properly, have gone through some of my wardrobe in my bedroom and have gotten together some of the stuff in my living room in the Donation Box, all ready to be dropped off at the local charity store.

I have still yet to put away all of the laundry, clean the bathroom floor, put away anything not needed over the New Year into the wardrobes and then tidy up in the home office properly... that won't take long, but I'm looking forward to getting in and making sure my house is cleaned out better. And after the art area was such a great success, the living room is next! I'm not worried too much about how much I'll be throwing out, so long it's gone.

So, how about you all? Seeing that the end of the year is just around the corner, what have you got planned for your place in the coming new year? Is there a home office renovation you've been hanging out to do? Or are you going to clean out the garage in a big way? Or how about your backyard? Are you looking into cleaning it up, renovating it and making it into a place you and your family want to spend more time being in next year? And you know how it goes: the devil's in the details of decluttering, okay? Plan ahead, don't buy too many storage container - not until you need them (yes, count how many your needs are first, then buy). And most of all: if you need help, don't feel bad about asking for it. 

Well, that's the best advice I've learned about decluttering over the past few years - especially while writing on this blog; even when there's been next to no comments. I do know people are reading what's here. Anyway, I hope you do have a great Christmas and Holiday Season, and wish you a very Happy New Year. I won't put down a Weekend Challenge for the next few weeks, so you can spend time with your families. I will be back in early January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment