December 18, 2019

Donation Day!

Well! Today, I looked around my house and gathered up a few last minute things to put in my car. No, not in the Donation Box, but in the boot of my car. 

I walked around the bedroom and looked at the bags I had sitting on the floor of my bedroom and thought about the last time I used them - if it's been a year or six months - and they were tossed out into the hallway. They were added to the boot of the car. 

Then, the 1970's piece I've had for a few years sitting next to my pantry, clogging up that area has been cleaned out and pulled out of that spot. But I wanted to use another set of drawers, which were similar to that - to store a lot of things into them and clear out a lot of what was sitting around next to the pantry.
What I was looking for was sitting out on my art work bench! It was a set of drawers my friend, Ian, gave me a couple of years ago. Yep, it had been staring at me in the face! So, I cleaned out that set of drawers and tossed out a lot of crap from that and pulled that set of drawers from that area and placed it into the spot next to the pantry. And it's a perfect fit!

Well! I added another basket I'm no longer using, two handbags I don't use anymore and a box of goodies which have been clogging up my living room as well - and off I went to the charity store to donate! 

While I was there, I went dress shopping. Now, my wardrobe isn't what it used to be in the dress department; and so this is a good thing for me. I picked up two lovely dresses: a blue and white teardrop dress - which turned out to be brand new. And I found a gorgeous little party dress, which one other customer told me to put back 'because it won't fit you'. But I tried it on anyway, and it did fit perfectly! Two dresses! I love it! Anyway, that was it, two dresses after donating all of that from my house. How are you doing with your decluttering before Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment