January 28, 2017

This Is Exactly What Life Is.

I've been decluttering my home for about four years now and thought it was high time I started a blog for it.

I've got plenty of photos for this project and it seems to be an on-going theme in my life - to declutter my home. It's as prevalent and work-worthy as my arts and my garden; so I thought it would be a good idea to add yet another blog onto my growing collection of them.

yes... a collection... it seems I collect a lot of things and don't really know what to do with them.

I have a room filled with books, a living room filled with vinyls and dvds and craft gear and a very well-organised kitchen (the latter took me the whole four years it's taken me to get off my butt and even start organising the rest of house!). 

So far, I've been taking part in Peter Walsh's 31-Day Challenges for the past 2 years and at first it was difficult. But now, I zoom through the challenges so quick, it as though they're childsplay! 

I'm starting to make up my own challenges to do around the place when he's hit one I've already done and have to just give a quick going over and it doesn't take long. Like my bathroom... woah! Man did that ever need a clean out! I went through the bath towels, the linen in there and cleaned out the whole closet - and it turned out to be a great exercise. Because of the heat wave here in Brisbane, it took me about three days, but I had a good time throwing out what I didn't need. 

Today, I got in and worked on the master bedroom! And now it's nice and clean - except the vacuum cleaner blew up on me in a big way halfway through cleaning the room... so there went vacuuming the house! Well, it looks like I'll be getting myself a new vacuum cleaner over the next few weeks while I'm borrowing one from my folks - just to finish the job I started today.

That's what I have found with decluttering. I don't start a job I can't finish. 

Okay, I had to leave this one job because something went wrong. But tomorrow is another day. I'll be picking up from where I left off. I've put up some 'Command' hooks and they have to be left for 24 hours until I can use them (so there's handbags everywhere!). I've gone through some of my clothes and bits and found I don't want some of them, and so the Donation Box is getting a few good items; while the rubbish bin is getting more bags of junk. Anyway, that's just how it goes... with life and with decluttering: you can sometimes donate your unwanted items, while other times you can't fix it and have to toss it away.  Until next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment