March 25, 2019

Archiving and Cleaning Out

Yesterday afternoon, once I got off the computer and the internet, I jumped into the cleaning up of the home office - which turned into something totally different. Sometimes cleaning up one space does this.

I assembled the two archive boxes and sorted through some of the paperwork and the filing cabinet next to my desk. There were things inside the cabinet which needed to be archived - like 'The Flame' magazine from Epilepsy Queensland from 2006. I know that's a long time ago, but there's articles in those issues which are important to me.

Then, I tried to find some letters from a doctor which were addressed to my Mum and I from two years ago just in case my neurologist retired. However, I have yet to find them. I went through one box I had sorted out, and the letters weren't in that one. So, it may be in one I've already put into the wardrobe. 

But then, I sorted through my hand-written notebooks. These are notes from books I've written, like 'Ravenstine Kingdom', 'Angie', Fry Nelson' and other book and story ideas as well. I have archived those into another box so I have them put away for the time I need them at some point in the future. 

Now, what I did after that was reorganise that shelf of notebooks, looking through them and making sure they were in order. There are still books there which I need to use which are for current projects. Then, I looked up on the wall and realised I needed to hang a description of some art. So, I worked on that for about half an hour; which worked out well, as I needed a break from sorting. 

By this time, it was around 2pm and it was stinking hot! So, I cleaned up the office as much as I could and put things away. A lot of had been done in the way of organising the archive boxes. I didn't think I'd have so much archiving in my life by my 40's, but interestingly enough, I do. I did one last thing. I put up the 'Home' hook set Mum gave me in the wardrobe in my room and hung up my Japanese house coat and a brunch coat on it; along with some umbrellas as well. This helped clean up some of the mess in my room.

Then, last night, after I watched a bit of television, I did more cleaning up - this time in my bedroom. I made up the bed (as I had washed the sheets yesterday) and then folded and put away the quilt and the big, blue blanket (in their respective places). The bathroom towels which had been folded earlier that day were put into the bathroom, and so I organised the rest of the towels and folded the rest of them - taking them into the bathroom too.
Then, the wash basket was picked up off the floor and put on to the glory box/hope chest, and I took the paintings I've done and no longer want into the hallway. I'm going to offer them to my family first before giving them away. 

Before I knew it, it was past 10pm and I was really tired. A lot had been done yesterday; more than I had done in any given weekend in the past two months. So, how was your weekend? Did you get much done? You can see I got a lot of organising and sorting done in my weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment