March 24, 2019

Donation Day

Well, Thursday was donation day, and I not only got rid of a bag of books and a briefcase, but I also took over a whole lot of unwanted goodies to Vinnies for a friend of mine too.

Now, I'm onto the next lot of the cleaning out and cleaning up.

Yesterday, I hung up a set of hooks I scored off Mum in my wardrobe door so I can hang up my dressing gown or house coat on it; and I don't have to go looking for one in the middle of the night. It's so much easier for me. 

Today, I'm getting into the living room. What I'm doing is packing everything into bags and sorting through them. Now, I'm putting the things into a couple of bags to make the room appear tidier than it really is - it's an illusion - and then I'll be able to feel much better about it all. And as I go through each bag, I'll be able to empty them out in an orderly fashion. I know it sounds like double-handling, but I find it much easier for me to deal with my clutter. 

While I'm in the living room, I'll be packing away any laundry I've dumped in one of the chairs - yes, this a bad habit I've formed; and it's one I must break. 

So, today, there's going to be a lot of folding the putting away of clothes and throwing out of things in the living room. I also must look into getting a new seal for the vacuum cleaner; as it's making an awful noise. It shouldn't cost much, as I've had to get one for another vacuum before. How's your place going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment