March 19, 2017

Find A Theme

When you're cleaning out your home, you'll find that you'll start following a theme to match your home. Sometimes it's already there and you've fully-established it. Other times, you've been struggling to get it going.

I'm the latter unfortunately.

However, it's always fun to go out to op-shops and find great ideas to add to your home. This is providing you do get rid of the things you no longer need to make your home what you need it to be.

As I've been saying in prior posts - you must donate your things to make your house a home, but on the same token it's okay to buy something so long you know you need it.

Needing and wanting are two different things, though.

For example: I need a new plan for my lounge room. I have a large 3-seater lounge which no longer fits the room for what I need it for and now, I need a new plan to make my home look and feel better. 

Solution: get rid of the lounge, get some single recliners and footstools and a small table for in between and then use the coffee table as it is. There will be not only more room, but the place will look and feel better too. 

However, this will take time to do. Wish me luck. Let me know what you're planning on doing with the room you're stuck with in your decluttering plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment