March 05, 2017

Shred Bags

I'm partway through my home office and have realised that I need a shredder - badly! - and so I'm saving up for one. 

The first thing I've been doing is shopping around for a shredder; and the best place I have found for these things is OfficeWorks. This is a great place here in Australia for all office needs - no matter how big or small your office is. 

I had a shredder once before and accidentally fed it a piece of plastic with some paper (it was hiding in between the paper) and it burnt out the motor! Damn! So, I'm in the market for another shredder now. I've looked online for one, but I do better when I'm instore looking at the machines themselve. This is because there's normally more in stock on the floor than there is on their site online and I can ask the questions I need to ask to the people who know what they're talking about.

It's just the best thing to do really.

But until I do save up for that shredder, I'm going to be doing what I call 'Shred Bags'. These are bags of material which need shredding, which I'll be putting away - out of the way, until I can afford my shredder. You see, I don't have a credit card, and that's how I like to keep it. I'd much rather pay for things with my own money than owe a bank anything.

So, today, will be spent getting myself ready to shred unwanted paperwork I can't just throw in the bin. Yes, this is the stuff that's too sensitive to put into a rubbish bag, like bank statements, membership forms to magazines and other such things and old receipts as well. Until my next post, I hope you're working on your place as much as I am on mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment