March 09, 2017

Replacing Things Is Good, But...

I've recently had a really bad bout of allergies sprout up around me lately. First it was a Bambillo Pillow that caused huge allergies; and now it's feather pillows. Today, I returned the feather pillows and bought a new mattress protector (as my old one was starting to look pretty bad).

Anyway, to make sure I didn't get mites from the feather pillows back into the bedding, I've had to clean the bed again with bi-carb soda and vacuum again. Then, I washed all my bedding again! This included the pillow protectors. 

If I still have a problem, I'll have to head off to the doctors, because it'll be time to look at what my skin is doing. 

But when it does come time to replace things - like bedding and pillows - you have to be careful how you go about it. If, like me, you don't know you're allergic to feathers, it's going to be a painful lesson to learn. I didn't mind washing everything and vacuuming my bed off - but it's time-consuming. It's also a costly thing as well. I had to return the feather pillows to K-Mart and let them know I was allergic to them (this means they'd return them to where they go them from) and I'll have to wait a few weeks before I go to Spotlight and find some hyper-allergenic pillows to use. I've just checked out their website and found they supply hospital grade pillows, but they are pricey. 

It all depends on what you'd like for your bedding and how bad you're allergic to things. For me? I'm currently trying not to scratch the rash from the pillows I've had to return and have cleaned my bed, bedding and replaced the mattress protector... yep, I've seriously made sure the bed is back to its normal way of feeling and being. If my allergy doesn't improve in a few days, I'm off to the doctors. So much for replacing things that I thought was a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment