May 05, 2017

Donation Day

Today, I was out all day at op-shops donating my goodies to them - and looking at goodies to furnish my home.

But first, I donated a lot of things I really didn't need anymore. These are things I had bagged up and put in the car last night and happily sorted out two weeks ago when I had made the time to go through my handbags and then wrapped them on Thursday. It always makes me feel great to donate to charity stores, because people will want nice things I've looked after. I took in a teapot-cup and two bowls I no longer need and my coffee table. Then, there was a bag of handbags I no longer used.

Then, I took a wander around the Life Line Supa-Store at Logan Central; and what a store! It has so much there! But it didn't have the armchair I so badly needed to make up the pair I was looking for. However, it did have a lovely food-server I loved for only $4.50 to add to the two I have on the credenza.

Then, I was off to Vinnies at Underwood to see if they had another donation of anything useful. They've been getting some deceased estates lately; and they are always interesting. And today was just like that. I found a pile of 45s which I scored for $1.00 each and then I saw an armchair; but it was very 1980's not 1970's for just $25.00. So, I left it there for somebody else to score instead of me.

Once I had my score in the car, I pulled out the GPS and punched in the address for the Life Line Supa-Store at Acacia Ridge (which is really at Archerfield) and the darned thing too me the long way around! It was there I found my armchair for $35.00! It's perfect! I got it home and have it stored temporarily in my bedroom until I get rid of my lounge. 

I have found that gumtree has been useless to me. It's been almost a month and my adverts were on page 10 and I have had over 80 views, but nobody wanted to know anything about them. So, I deleted the adverts and have begun donating my items. My folks think I'm being impatient, but I've wanted to change my living room for a few months now. I have bought the furnishing for the change; now it's time to get rid of the unwanted things. 

So, how are you doing with your donations? Have you done any this year? Or are you waiting until you get more before making one big haul during mid-year? I make as many as I can in a month, it's a lot more fun that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment