May 02, 2017

A Quiet Week

These kinds of weeks are normally when I get the most done. I didn't end up selling the set of drawers on Gumtree, mainly because the buyer didn't show up. Now, I put up a rant on Facebook about this and had many people agree with me about how damned rude it is to kick up a fuss about how pretty wonderful something is, make an appointment, then to pike on the seller.

Now, I'm no saint, I've done that to exactly one person and apologised profusely to him for leaving him hanging. But if you're going to buy something from somebody, please go and get to the appointment; or if you can't get there, make the effort to let the buyer know you're not showing.

Anyway, this week, I'm getting in and cleaning up the living room. I've been so busy lately with things outside the townhouse, that I've just been falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow. Now, today, I've found myself burnt out and a little bit of cleaning out wouldn't hurt me. 

The 50 books - with matching magazines - have made their journey to the 'Really Good Book Shop' at Browns Plains. And not far from there, I went to the Life Line Supa Store to score my self a brilliant little 1970's phone-seat... how cool is that? I love it! 
Now, It's just a matter of cleaning up the living room so I can get rid of the lounge. 

But if it doesn't sell by the end of next week, I'll be contacting the Life Line to come and pick it up. I did just phone the QEII hospital palliative ward to see if they'd like it and the coffee table, but they've had been offered a brand new lounge room suite from a family who lost a family member there. They thanked me very much for my kind offer. 
I'm really looking forward to having more space in my living room next week. I'll get the guys to come and collect it. It'll be going to a decent home.  

Well, I hope to have my home in a better shape next week, than it is this week. So, how has your decluttering been going? I'm slowly getting mine together. I'm going to go through my wardrobe and donate some of the dresses that no longer fit me; and then I'll be out looking at jeans that look good on me; as well as dresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment