May 16, 2017

The Bedroom

I'm going to tackle the next hardest thing to the home office today - my bedroom.

Yep, I've been struggling with my bedroom for a long time; and now I have the living room and kitchen just as I like it, I'm going to have to have my bedroom the same way - tidy, easy to get into and easier to work with.

Now, just recently, I grabbed my Winter sheets - as the temperature dropped into the colder numbers - and I pulled out some sheets which were for my old double bed. Before you ask why I still have them, they were for the sofa-bed, just in case somebody slept over. So, they are the first to be put into a bag for the donation box; along with the Summer sheets of the same size. 

What I do next is make my bed. This makes a platform for me to work out my clothes on - a big one - and I can dump all my clothes onto it and sort through them as I put them away, or donate them. 

I've already sorted out a few dresses to give to my niece - as they're too small for me (I'm a size 12 Aust. and the dresses are size 10 Aust.) and they're lovely dresses I thought she'd like to try out before they head off to an op-shop. 

So, this is a start.

I don't like letting go of dresses that I love, but if they're not going to fit, it's best to let them go if they're in good condition. 
Then, there's the clothes I've been given, but have never worn. I know that sounds bad, but these outfits are lovely, are too big and are never going to be worn by me at any stage in my life. My Mum gave them to me and I don't see myself wearing them at all. So, they'll be going to a charity. 

I know what I said in the last post about charities - being fussy about what they receive (and they are) but really, if we don't give our clothes and bits and pieces to them, it all ends up in landfill. My sofa-bed is going to a place called Smart-Tip - not landfill. This place will sell it at a heavily discounted price and somebody out there will be able to afford a lounge with a nice cover and throw pillows; and it will have another life for a while. 

But I digress.

I'm hoping to get a few pairs of jeans out of my wardrobe as I've lost 4kg and have gone down one dress size. So, this means I have to go out and buy a few pairs of jeans at Stones Corner (where they have a huge store filled with jeans, skirts, jackets and basically anything made from denim) and I'm going to look at anything that will fit me, looks great and makes me feel good, okay, not a problem. I've had great deals from there. 

Other things I'm hoping to get rid of are shoes I don't need, underwear I don't want (which will go straight in the bin - because if I don't want it, well nobody else will either) and anything that doesn't fit me anymore. After that, I'll vacuum and dust my room and then, it'll be all done... bagged up and ready for donation (or the bin). So, which room was the worst for you in decluttering? How did you get the clutter busted? Do share your ideas and secrets with us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment