January 06, 2018

Back to Normal

By traditional standards, the 6th, January is the 12th Day of Christmas and the very last day to have your tree and decorations up in your house.

So, today, I pulled down my boxes from the wardrobe and put the tree away. 


And seeing that around 2 - 3 years ago, I organised myself to have this all sorted into plastic boxes, I found that the way I decorate my tree and house and put it all away doesn't take half the day. 


It only takes around an hour... and you know, I decluttered some old streamers I had from my late-Uncle I didn't want anymore. So, what I did was added them to the Donation Box while I was putting away the decorations - not bad, right? So, now it's all put away and there's an empty spot where the tree used to be. 


How long does it normally take for you to de-decorate your house? If it's over 3 hours, you may want to look into how much decorating you do. If you're a person who adores Christmas, well, I'm not going to stop ya! Go for it! But I do find that if some of the decorations are getting a little old, it does pay to go and buy new ones and use them; tossing out the old ones. But the plastic boxes keeps your decorations from being eaten by something during the year that they're stored away.


And seeing it's the New Year, and we're back into the decluttering again, the Weekend Challenges are back! I scored this one from Peter Walsh's FB page today.
Go into your sock drawer and pull out your socks. Lay them out onto a flat surface - or your bed - and sort through the holy, stretched out or old ones - and throw them out. Keep the good ones and put them back. Do this in everyone's rooms.

If you're up for a second challenge, here goes:


Go to your bedside table and go through it! Toss out out of date ... um... things and items... sort out the usable things in there. And, no, I don't want to know what's there. Sort out your bedside table and make it nice, clean and usable - and not embarrassing. Let's put it this way: if anyone was to go through it while you were away, would you want them to? Right. Make it so you're not embarrassed about what's in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment