February 14, 2018

Low Level Decluttering

Right now, there's a huge heatwave happening here in Australia, and so there's a low chance of getting any decluttering done, right? Wrong! 

What I do when this happens is what I like to call 'Low Level Decluttering'... as the title entails. This is where I tackle the tiny piles of crap around my house and work on the smaller detailed things.

For example:

Today, I'm going to pack up a 5kg bag of books to send off to Victoria for a Bookcrossing friend. This isn't a difficult thing to do, but the good thing for me is that I'll be doing this in the air-conditioned comfort of my home office... yay! 

Then, I'll quickly go into my bedroom and make the bed in the very warm part of the house. Unfortunately, that's all I'll be able to do in my master bedroom. I'll get my butt downstairs and collect together anything that belongs upstairs and make only 3 trips upstairs and put those things away. In this heat, I'm getting too exhausted.

For the rest of the afternoon, I'm going to make a roster of exactly what I have in my pantry. This is so I don't go out and buy too much of everything next shopping day. All I need to do is check what's on the roster and see what's crossed off and what's on there and I'll know how much to buy of what, and - bingo-bango - my shopping list goes down by around $40. This is a good thing! 

So, there's my jobs for the day. Nothing big or nasty, and I can get them done. So, what Low Level Decluttering are you going to get done in this horrible heat? 

And if you're from a part of the world where you're snowed in? Well, that's just as bad as having the head bug us too and make you as lazy. Try to do a similar thing as I am and tackle the small things around the place you've been putting off and get back to me with your results. 

No comments:

Post a Comment