February 07, 2018

The Main Key Things

I've found that when I start a clean-out, it's important to jump in on days when I'm ready and revved up to declutter to my heart's content.

However, there's also some small - yet important - things to get straight before decluttering or organising within reach first; and I thought to write a post about it so everyone remembers this one well.

Donation Box is the most important thing to have nearby. It's gotta be big enough to hold the bagged-up clothes and small enough to not get in the way of your everyday life. And remember to label it so it doesn't get tossed out with your regular rubbish on bin day.

Rubbish Bags are the next thing you really need to be able to lay your hands on. Now, they don't have to be expensive, just useful. I use medium-sized purple rubbish liners from Coles which only cost me $2.50 for 100. So, that's a good thing. And the best thing is that I line the bins upstairs with them as well - because they're small enough for those liners. 

Plastic Boxes are great for when you want to store things away. I have quite a few of them around my house and have been quietly storing away things for when I move. So, when I do this, I also have a Sharpie to write on the box what is inside it; so when the day does come to move, we can see on the lid and on the side what's inside the box instead of opening it up.

Anti-Bacterial Wipes are great to have on hand for a few reasons. When you're decluttering, you're bound to come across areas where it's dusty and dirty; and giving those areas a quick wipe over with one of these is a fast way to clean up and keep the dust to a minimum - as well as your sneezing - until you get the vacuum to it as well. The second use for these is to clean your hands after a good hour or so of decluttering a dusty and dirty area of your house... these will clean your hands off until you get to wash them properly. And the best thing about these wipes is that they're not expensive - yep, you can buy the cheaper version of them anywhere and pay only half the price. 

Water And Food is another main key ingredient to keeping yourself focused on your few hours or whole day of decluttering. Make sure you are going to eat some great nutritious food - not fast food which will make you feel sluggish and thirsty. I find a nice home made meal always hits the spot and making sure you drink plenty of water will keep you from becoming dehydrated no matter what the weather; and it will help you take a breath and look around at what else you need to do as well. 

So, these are the main key things I find make that decluttering time around my place better and easier for me. How about you? Have you got any ideas which keep you focused? 

No comments:

Post a Comment