February 13, 2018

Repairs After Storms

On Sunday evening, we had a huge storm hit Logan City and the electricity was knocked out for over 24 hours. We got it back on in the early hours of Monday morning, but it's Tuesday now, and we're expecting another storm tonight.

So, it might be as big and bad as the last one... we don't know yet.

I've had to do some small repairs to a fence and tie up my Frangipani in my yard as the side fence I worked on isn't as stable as it seems.

However, today, it's impossibly hot; and so the decluttering I was hoping to get done may have to wait until it cools off. I'll see how I go with the house when the storm arrives, but this afternoon, I might get in and do a bit of tidying up first, so I'm not tripping over things.

But that's the thing with decluttering around a house, or a townhouse, you have to remember that when you have a place, you're not just cleaning it up, you're caring for it. 
I've been caring for this place for 15 years and in the last decade, I've learned a lot about how to get in and care for it in much the same way as my Dad cares of his own home. It's very important to not only look after where you live - no matter whether you rent or own - as its appearance is a reflection of how you feel about your home. And the more you care for it over time, the less you have to spend on it in the long run when the time does come to sell it. 

So, what have you been doing to upkeep your home on the outside to keep it looking great? Seeing mine is in a townhouse complex, it's a simple matter of making sure it looks its best in the Winter months (as they're the best months to work on my place) and so when the Summer months come around, which is our storm season, the place is sound. 

No comments:

Post a Comment