September 16, 2018

Art Area Overhaul

Over the next few weeks, I'm doing a huge art area overhaul. I've actually already started in on it; and I'm hoping to get it all cleared out and cleaned up by the end of October. 

This past weekend, I attended the Logan Artists Association Market Day and sold off as much of my Crafty Pegs hand crafted items as I could, at bargain basements prices. A lot of people thought what I was selling was expensive, but when I told them they were a quarter of the price I normally sell them, they really jumped in and bought up big... and I made a good lot of money. 

But I still have some stock left over. So, I'm looking at either giving it all away to nursing homes - where the older ladies will use it, or selling it all on Gumtree, if I can. Either way, I need to get rid of my stock box completely - but there are boxes in it I'll keep for my art area. 

Yesterday afternoon, I moved my art table I got from Oma's house into my storage area under the stairs and the two storage boxes from my markets where it used to live... so I can work through them and downsize them in a big way. The large plastic boxes will be put to use as storage boxes in my wardrobes and I'll put them away upstairs, replacing other boxes filled with things.

On my birthday (early-October), I'll be buying two Stratco shelving units and putting them into the hallway of my kitchen, where all my smaller and heavier items from my art area will be going. The work bench will be moved across toward the door and thus, I'll have more space to move around. I'll be storing my esky/cooler in the shelves along with my food processor, yoghurt maker, along with other boxes of art and craft gear and books on art, painting and needlepoint... it'll all be in those two shelving units.

The two boxes of craft and art gear will be emptied out and sorted. The table clothes and props for a market will be organised and that box will be upstairs and in use for something else. The other one will be organised and the pin cushions, pegs, magna-pegs and other craft items I've made will be sold off or donated to my old craft group to be sold off there and the money donated to the community centre. 

I'll have more space in the living room by this time. This is my plan and I'm hoping to stick to it. I'm also hoping that my smaller canvases will fit into one of the shelving units, while the larger canvases which are floating around the hallway right now, will be able to fit underneath the workbench. I'll have to see how it all works out. 

So, there you have it. My plan for my art area. It's big. It's complex. It's a pipe dream from where everyone stands right now... as nobody can see it happening; except me. But it's what I want to happen in the next month. I have some of the money for the shelving units and now, I'm working on saving the money for the rest of it. 

So, do tell, what's your big plans for your journey through decluttering? Is it so big you almost can't see it happening? Or is it something you're chipping away at slowly? 

No comments:

Post a Comment