April 12, 2017

A Little Mess - For Now

Isn't it amazing how messing things become when you want to sell something in your house? Sure it does. You want to sell the lounge, but first, you need to pull it out from the wall, clean it up, vacuum all the dirt from between the cushions, wipe it over with a dust rag, polish it (if it's leather) and wash the cover (if it's old and has a nice cover over the old upholstery).

Photographing it isn't easy either. You have to make sure you don't get in the things in your house you're not selling... just the lounge... and that's harder than it sounds. First thing's first though, you have to vacuum, dust, put away everything behind the lounge and set up a stage for it to be photographed. This doesn't necessarily mean you have to be outside, it just means you have to make the lounge the centre of attention - not easy when it's probably the one thing that's taking over the entire room and you're going to get everything but that lounge in the shot.

Today, I uploaded two things onto Gumtree to sell. One was my large coffee table and the other was a hat stand I've had since I was a teenager. I'm getting rid of these items for a good reason. The hat stand by the front door it going upstairs, replacing the other one, and the coffee table it too big for the plans I have for the living room. The lounge will be next; as it's not included in my plans for my living either.

Yes, I've reorganised my cupboards completely - and they get a clean out every 6 months and I'm going okay with most of the rooms - but the living room needs a complete fix-up. The only way I'm going to be able to live in it is to make it exactly the way I want it. 

The funny thing is: I've found other things around the house I no longer want as well. So, Gumtree will be getting a little more attention over the next few months. If I can't sell the coffee table or hat stand, I'll donate those things to a charity of my choice.

So, how's your place going in the way of decluttering? All good? I hope so. Please do share your stories on your progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment