April 26, 2017

My Living Room - Part Two

Okay, I know I said that Gumtree is supposed to be our friend... a great place to sell things - and also buy things - but it's also a very slow process as well.

I'm only 2 weeks into the selling process and the main items I want to get rid of are sticking around like glue and the things I'm not fussed about hanging around are zooming out the door at rock bottom prices.

Oh well, can't win 'em all!

I am decluttering as things show up in my house though; and that's a good thing. I've begun preparing the coffee table for transportation; and started using the side table I bought - and cleaned up - today. The little white table by the door will be refurbished and sold on Gumtree for more than what I bought it for. Then, after three weeks, I'll reduce the prices of the other furnishings and see if I get a nibble... or redo the adverts altogether at a lower price and see what happens. 

During this time, I'll be decluttering the living room in the big way, so it all can be moved out. I also will be looking at making cushion covers out of old t-shirts. I've seen this on the 'I Love to Op-Shop' Facebook page. It's not a hard thing to do, and all you need to do is make small pillow slip - and I can do that. I just need to buy a second-hand t-shirt from a Life Line or a Vinnies and fit it onto my cushions... yep, it ought to be fun!

Well, I'm still looking for a hall table - without any luck - and once I have sold everything else, I'll be able to find what I'm looking for at other Life Line Supa Stores further afield. Otherwise, I hope to work out more around my house and see where I can get another chair - as I only have one - once the sofa-bed goes. 

Yes, I've been busily working away in my house and looking at other furnishings; like the phone-seat I scored at Browns Plains for $40, replacing the set of drawers I'm selling for $15 on Gumtree (hopefully) on Friday. I've paused the advert until that day to see if it all works out. Let's hope it does! So, how is your decluttering going? Slow and steady, or quickly? Leave a comment and let us all know.

No comments:

Post a Comment