April 20, 2017

Decluttering and Cluttering Simultaneously

Right now, I feel as though I'm living in a storage room, and not a town house. I'm storing a lounge, a coffee table, a set of drawers and an old 80's hat stand for hopeful buyers on Gumtree... then I've got other furniture sitting around waiting to be used for when all that furniture's gone.

Yes, I've been op-shopping so when the sales go through, and I've banked the money, I'll have something to use in my place.

But it's the inbetween times that is always the toughest, the most stressful, and hardest. It's that time when you're waiting for the bites with your adverts online - thinking that nobody's looking at your items - and yet not knowing if anyone will like them.

However, when I bought this lovely phone-seat today at the Life Line SuperStore at Browns Plains, I knew I'd be getting rid of the old set of drawers immediately. It's just something I find I'm doing more and more as I'm getting into living in the way of Peter Walsh. 
I'm throwing out envelopes as soon as I open them. Junk mail doesn't make it onto the kitchen table - it goes straight into the bin - and I'm making sure the Sunday Mail is thrown out before the next Sunday paper is bought; so I don't clutter up the area next to the television. 

Okay, I've had a few drawbacks - who doesn't? - but I'm going well with my house. After the living room gets the retro-fitting it deserves, I'm going to hit the wardrobe and sort out the clothes I no longer want or fit into and donate them. Yep, It's a matter of making sure I keep it as neat as I can without thinking I have too much crap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment