February 11, 2019

Hot Weather

We've had weather which is hot enough for me to get in and wash my bedding. The main reason for this is because I've broken out in hives lately - yeah, not a great thing to wake up to in the morning. But, this has given me the opportunity to get into washing my sheets as well as the mattress protector and pillow protectors.

A lot of people don't have any of this on their beddings to protect their mattress from the sweat and dead skin coming off your body.

I know, I know! This sounds gross! But it's something cleaners and hotels put up with all the time.

And now, you have to put up with in your own house. Mattress protectors - good ones - will cost a bit, but the outlay is a good thing for your bed; especially is you've paid a lot of money for your mattress (like I have) and you want to keep it in top condition for a long time.

Washing the protector isn't a big deal... but cleaning your mattress is. You get a sifter and about 2 big boxes of Bi-carb Soda and sift it all over your mattress. Now you wait for around 3 hours for your Soda to do its work. It will soak up any dead skin and disgusting stuff which is hiding in your mattress - how this works? I'm not sure. But after 3 hours, you get your vacuum cleaner and vacuum that stuff up. Take your time and make sure it's all done. Empty the bag a few times (yep, it will fill it up a few times) and then pat the mattress to make sure you got it all. 

At the end of the day, put the protector back on, and make up the bed. When you go to bed that night, you'll smell it'll be so much cleaner and you'll sleep so much better. It's a great way to clean the bedding and mattress - and also to make sure your mattress lasts a long time. 

I've had my current mattress for 5 years, and it looks and feels brand new still because I clean it this way a few times a year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment