February 01, 2019

Donation Day!

Yesterday, I filled the boot of the car up and took off on a big day of donating my unwanted goodied to a charity store with a friend of mine. It was great! I make sure I get my cloth bags back from the store and then I take a good look around and see what I might need around the house.

And you know something? 

I'm buying less and less at op-shops now I know what I want in my house and cleaning out more and more.

It's a great feeling that after a few years, you get to know what you need and what you want. But you also know when you need help in which areas too. 

I've been purposely cleaning out my house and giving away things for some time now, and now my Mum has asked me to help her out - I'm so proud to help her. But I have pointed her in the direction of Peter Walsh and his 31-Day Challenges first, so she gets an idea of how to get in and do just 10 minutes first off and then take control back of her home and her things. I am going to help her out with packing everything away and will take some things to the op-shops... but I'm still cleaning out my place and it'll be another year before I'm completely tidied up on my own I still have some archive boxes to fill and other things to work out too.

Now it's the 1st, February, it's time to get stuck into the other different things around the house. You know, the things we tend to forget. 

And this is what the Weekend Challenge is this weekend. Find a place in your home you've been avoiding like the plague and sort through it. I really mean, pull everything out, attack it, and if you're really disappointed with everything in it, and don't want anything of it, donate or sell it. But if you can see potential in some of it, sort through what you want, what you don't want and organise it properly. This is the weekend to get into your first avoided project in the house. I really believe that you can do it! 

As for me? It's a box of books in my home office I'm going to go through - along with some paperwork, which is also boxed up on top of it. Yep, it's all going to be looked into, sorted and worked out. That's been my avoided project in my house. 

No comments:

Post a Comment