January 27, 2019

The Magazine Pile

Okay, we all have one - or more than one - around the house. And it's the pile, or piles, of magazines we have stashed around the house which we either say we read or have read and think we're going to keep for another reading.

Well, I gotta say, that most of the time, I'm right about re-reading my 'Good Reading Magazine'. I'll re-read it a couple more times and then? Well, I don't do anything with it. It gets put into a pile in my living room where it gathers dust - like anything else which doesn't get used.

So, what I'm doing today and tomorrow is looking through all the magazines I have stashed around my house (and no, I don't have 'reading material' in the toilets - that's just manky and nasty!) and I'm going to go through them all. 
A lot of my magazines are about art, reading and publishing books. So, there's not a single gossip magazine to be found. This is a good thing for me, because I'll be donating my magazines to a doctors surgeries and old folks homes where the people there can read up on books and writing - something which may be of interest to some of them. I can't give away a lot of my writing magazines because I'll need them in my writing; no matter how old they are, they're still useful to me. 

So, that's my weekend challenge for myself. I'm not setting anything for you for the long weekend... it's a weekend of chilling out for Australians and respecting the ancient lands we are now living on. I'll put in another Weekend Challenge next weekend when we go back to normal again. How's your house going? Getting there? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment