January 11, 2019

Around and Around

Well, my place is going well. 

I've tossed out another bag of rubbish from around the house and I'm damned proud of my collecting of rubbish. 

I've also got a bag to take to the op-shop which I don't need as well from this week! Yes, Peter Walsh would be proud of me for being brutally strict with how I'm working on my life and changes around the house. 

But I'm not just throwing out anything I'm laying my hands on - I'm making sure I've not used it in a long time, or it's been sitting around gathering dust and become rubbish after a long time as well.

So, therefore, here's the first Weekend Challenge I'd like you take part in this year!

Get two bags - a rubbish bag and a synthetic re-usable bag and go around the house and find two different things. This will take two rounds of the house. Take the rubbish bag around the pick out all the rubbish from every nook and cranny of your house - every tissue, every docket, every single thing which is rubbish and put it into the rubbish bag. This will take a while - so don't rush. And your hands will get dirty, so wear disposable gloves. Anything which is rubbish (from the old phone books you've hoarded, to dvd cases you no longer use, to the 6-year old manuscript you've been holding onto for a friend to the bathroom waste basket and all the bins around the house included), goes into the rubbish bag. You'll find you've got that bag filled! Tie it off and put it outside. If you end up using more than one bag - great!
Now, the synthetic bag... go around and look at the things you've been meaning to give away. They might be the candles you no longer use, or a wall-hanging you were given and you're not crazy on, or a pile of books which are taking up room inside your office door. Yep, put them into the synthetic bag as you walk past. This is a walk-around for the quick look-around the house. When you find an item you don't want and has gathered a lot of dust and you know you won't miss it, it's time to get rid of it. 

Now, go... no regrets on these two things. Take your time on the second one. And put the items into your Donation Box by the door to take to the charity store.

No comments:

Post a Comment