January 14, 2019

Wardrobe Clean-Out

You know, yesterday was a big one for me.

After cleaning out under the two sinks, I opened my wardrobe and pulled out everything in it and put it all onto my bed.

And believe me, you really don't know how many clothes you truly have until you do that! I had watched an episode of Marie Kondi and found myself saying, 'Holy Crap, that's a lot of clothing right there!' Believe me it was!

And the first thing I did was start going through it all... piece by piece, I tried on all the winter jackets, found which ones I hadn't worn in over a year, which ones I hadn't see in a year (and the reason why was because they'd been hung in with the dresses and I hadn't been able to find them!). 

Then, I looked at the shirts and tops and figured out what I hadn't worn, which ones I didn't like, which ones I loved and either hung them all up or tossed them in the 'donation pile' - or the wash pile. 

Oh boy, then came my dresses! I still have my 21st dress - and I'm not letting that go! It's hand-made, gorgeously hand-sewn and dyed from New Zealand and weighs a ton! It also costed me a fortune to buy! So, no, it's not going anywhere. Then, I tried on a couple of other dresses which looked like they'd fit, but once I got them on, I couldn't get the bastards off!!! After much struggling, I finally did get those dresses off and into the 'Donation' Pile. Yep, somebody out there is going to look great in those.

After another hour or so, I had a wash pile, a donation pile and the rest of it all hung on coat hangers and folded and put away. My wardrobe looks really good! I found I have about 20 coat hangers which don't have a home.

Then, I went downstairs and went through the kitchen drawers where my towels lived for the kitchen and sorted through them and figured out which towels were going to staying here and which ones will be donated and which ones will be used in my painting gear. Only two were sent away... the rest? Stayed here - yep, they're still in good condition.

So, there was my afternoon of cleaning done and dusted. A lot was done and I'm proud to say that I have one bag of clothes to give away... and that bag will be added to soon. How are you doing with your house? Are you being as good with the cleaning out as I am? 

No comments:

Post a Comment