February 12, 2017

A Day Off...

I'd love to say I jumped right in and have been decluttering my home office since 9am this morning.

I wish I could say that.

But I haven't. 

It's just too bloody hot!

Today, around Queensland - and Australia - it's supposed to be record-breaking temperatures up to and over 40C (that's 104F for you guys overseas). And so, we've been advised to not to anything strenuous, to stay inside, drink plenty of water and pretty much hibernate. 

And you know? That's exactly what I'm going to be doing.

But I have an art piece I have on the go on my work bench - and that work bench is right next to the back door - so in the next hour or so, I'll be there working on that for a bit. Then, I'll see if I can stomach lunch... I might be just drinking some water instead.

So, this is the day off for me, because of the heat. If you're sweltering in the heat anywhere in Australia - or somewhere else in the world right now - don't push yourself. Take the day off and relax. Watch a bit of television and stay cool and drink plenty of water. 

No comments:

Post a Comment